Although a surge in retail sales have raised hopes that there is a recovery finally under way, many economists say that without a large amount of spending the recovery might not last.
<p>(A) have raised hopes that there is a recovery finally</p><p>(B) raised hopes for there being a recovery finally</p><p>(C) had raised hopes for a recovery finally being</p><p>(D) has raised hopes that a recovery is finally</p><p>(E) raised hopes for a recovery finally</p>
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?